Important Update about dental appointment changes in response to COVID-19:
“The American Dental Association recognizes the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances dentists and all health care professionals face related to growing concern about COVID-19. The ADA is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team.”
For dentists to do their part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the ADA guidelines now recommend that dentists postpone “elective procedures” for the next few weeks.
Per the latest guidelines of the ADA, the Dental office of John W. Adams, DDS is following 2 more recommended steps that help further mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Closing our office “to all but emergency care”. To help our patients determine when to call and schedule for ‘emergency care’, we have provided the ADA link listed below that defines a ‘Dental Emergency’. Reading this short “Emergency or Non-Emergency” list may help you decide whether you need to call to request ‘emergency care’. Please call our office if you have any concerns or questions.
- We will continue to have limited hours that are reserved for ‘emergency care’ until it is possible to return to our regular schedule.
- Following state and federal guidelines, we estimate being allowed to resume our regular hours, after Sunday, April 19th, if the COVID-19 situation allows. We will update you as soon as we can about rescheduling.
Conforming to KDHE self-quarantine guidelines, our office must postpone all treatment including emergencies for twenty-one days for all patients who have:
- Traveled to one of the following states on or after March 15th: California, New York, Washington state, and Florida.
- Traveled to one of the following states on or after March 23rd: Illinois, New jersey.
- Traveled to Louisiana or the entire state of Colorado after March 27th.
- Visited one of the following counties in Colorado on or after March 8th:
- Eagle Co., Summit Co., Pitkin Co., Gunnison Co.
- Traveled on a cruise ship or river boat cruise on or after March 15th, 2020.
- Traveled international on or after March 15th, 2020.
- Received notice that you were a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
- Were previously told by a public health agency that you should self-quarantine.
We thank you for your understanding and support during these unusual circumstances that initiated the measures that we have taken to help keep you safe and healthy!
We look forward to seeing you/your family healthy, happy, and blessed in the near future!
John W. Adams, DDS and Team